Monday, March 16, 2009

Inaugural Meeting Wrap-up


By most accounts, our First Annual Meeting on March 4th was a success! Thank you to all of you who attended. Because of you, we have ratified our Constitution and formally launched the newest Princeton Alumni Association.

The Princeton Classes represented spanned 50 years -- from 1951 to 2001 (each with two attendees)! We had members present from Las Vegas, Henderson, Boulder City, Reno and Incline Village.

Professor Emeritus and Barbara Greenstein travelled from Princeton -- it was Professor Greenstein's first visit to Las Vegas since the 1950s and Barbara was able to tour the Strip for her very first time!

Our new Secretary, Tim Lyons '94, will be circulating minutes from the meeting.

I am pleased to also report that Greg Duncan '84, eGovernment Officer for the City of Las Vegas, has agreed to accept an Executive Committee post as PAAN Technology Chair. Greg will be creating our new website shortly. We welcome comments and suggestions for all of you as we begin this process.

I look forward to seeing you this Summer in Reno! We would like to have one more Executive Committe Officer from Northern Nevada. If you are interested please email me or phone me (702.460.0718) and I can discuss potential positions with you.

I believe I have sent email acknowledgements to all of those who have paid their dues and donated. If I have left you out, please let me know and I will provide an acknowledgement to you for tax purposes. (Our dues are $15.00 and other small donations will be graciously accepted as well.)

Sincerely,

Nick Donath '83
President
PAA Nevada

No comments:

Post a Comment